javascript editor

Joel Saltzman

Jun 28, 2014, 4:00:27 PM6/28/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
What do the Couchbase developers prefer to use for javascript editing/debugging?

Philipp Fehre

Jun 30, 2014, 12:06:42 PM6/30/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Personally I really just use Vim (or any other editor), and I have JSHint check my work with

{
// ignore 'Missing name in function declaration' since those are Couchbase
// view functions which don't really have a name
"-W025": false
}

as my .jshintrc to get rid of a none helpful warning. Otherwise I tend to have a build script installing my views on the server so this is automated as well. With that in place I develop basically by editing the view code, running "make install_dev_views", and run whatever query I want to run and test.

Depending on the view code this might be a lot of work so if it is just a simple one I just try it out in the browser.

Cheers