Install of Couchbase 4.1 Dev Preview hangs on "computing space requirements"

Stephen Cheok

Dec 10, 2015, 8:04:46 PM12/10/15
to Couchbase
Hi all,

It seems that this problem has occurred in the past:

And:

MB-4593 - Windows Installer hangs on "Computing Space Requirements"

These were older versions such as 2.0 - 3.x.  I'm trying out 4.1 Developer Preview and noticing that I'm having the same problem still.  Per MB-4593, the workaround was with the registry hack, but that was a 2013 solution.  Is there any update?  Per MB-4593, the issue was closed in May 2015 as there were no more reports of it.

My environment:
Windows 2012 R2 Server (VM running under VMware's vSphere Hypervisor)

Downloaded the latest DP - couchbase-server_4.1.0-dp-windows_amd64.exe.

Installation makes it to the end but it hangs on the "Setup Status" - "Computing space requirements" phase.  I can dismiss the popup and cancel the installation fine, but is there something that I'm missing?  I have nothing else running while I'm trying to install CouchBase 4.1.

Thank you.
Regards, STeve