does anyone know what this means?

mkgnao

Jul 18, 2007, 5:12:29 PM7/18/07
to Correct my English
Hi all,

I just joined the group 5 minutes ago. This is an awesome community :)

Here's my very first question to the group. Does anyone know what the
slang "let me pull your coat about a cat" mean? This comes from
Malcolm X's autobiography, where he recalled how he came to realize he
needed to acquire literacy if he wanted to be taken seriously in his
communication with others. He recognized that slang would not get him
far: "How would I sound writing in slang, the way I would say it,
something such as, 'Look, daddy, let me pull your coat aobut a cat,
Elijah Muhammad--'"

My thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me anything about this
slang.

Best,
Mkgnao

Eastman

Jul 20, 2007, 12:44:12 PM7/20/07
to Correct my English
Hi all,
I just join this group 5 minute a ago. That's why I want to join this
group. I think my English wetting skill is weakest & I should improve
it by taking help of others. I can believe that writing practicing
will bust my skill & I will not any more attach with weakest link
group which Probaley though out from the Weakest Link (TV). Any body
help me regarding to how this email group work & how can i send my
writing paragraph and letter to someone who give advice and help me to
correct my wrong writing .I am grateful to this kind of help.

Let me introduce myself as well. I just got degree from UK University
and start a new job in City of London. Actually my degree in Economics
that's a reason i can communicate easily in the economics terminology
but when I start to write email and business letter I always stuck. My
colleagues always remind me that I write in aggressive style and not
coherent with the topics and smooth sentence. But now I am keenly to
take advice which help to improve my English writing skill. It will be
pleasure for me to get an email regarding improvement my English
writing. Thankx

Your's Sincerely,

Eastman