Change Docker executable

Scott

Jun 10, 2016, 2:21:06 PM6/10/16
to CoreOS User
Hello,

Docker v1.10.3 introduced the following bug https://github.com/docker/docker/pull/20686 which has since been fixed in v1.11.  I have downloaded the 1.10.3 source code and rebuilt the docker binary with the fix in place.  Now I'm attempting to overwrite the docker executable in CoreOS.  I have built my VMs using the VMWare CoreOS OVA file.  However the /dev/sda3 volume is locked down and I'm unable to overwrite the docker executable.  What is the best way to go about this?

Regards,
Scott

Brandon Philips

Jun 10, 2016, 2:23:22 PM6/10/16
to Scott, CoreOS User, Alex Crawford
Scott-

You can either just bind mount over:

mount -o bind /foo/bar/docker /usr/bin/docker

Or you can modify the docker.service directly and put it into /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.

We are working on backporting an number of issues to Docker 1.10. I will let Alex Crawford fill in more details on that.

Thanks!

Brandon

Message has been deleted

Scott