Core-os installation using ova

det...@cisco.com

Jun 7, 2016, 6:13:22 AM6/7/16
to CoreOS User
Hi guys, i'm struggling with the installation of CoreOS from the ova file (
https://stable.release.core-os.net/amd64-usr/current/coreos_production_vmware_ova.ova). It sounds to be a disk partition issue (got messages such as disk is not full
. or disk not writable). Attached a screenshot of my partition. I've done the tests both ESXi 5.5 and 6 Thanks for your advice BR Olivier

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Rob Szumski

Jun 7, 2016, 2:15:42 PM6/7/16
to det...@cisco.com, CoreOS User
The /usr partition is mounted read-only, that might be causing the error you are seeing. Here’s a little bit more info on the disk layout of CoreOS: https://coreos.com/os/docs/latest/sdk-disk-partitions.html

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>

det...@cisco.com

Jun 8, 2016, 8:32:04 AM6/8/16
to CoreOS User, det...@cisco.com
Thanks Rob, working now ! getting another issue checking etcdctl cluster-health with "no available published client urls". Will treat it in a separate thread. Thx BR Olivier