> module vpc: not found, may need to be downloaded using ‘terraform get’

Stephan Kristyn

Oct 11, 2017, 1:15:44 AM10/11/17
to CoreOS User
~/d/s/adad> terraform plan -var-file=~/devel/sre/tectonic/tectonic-installer/darwin/clusters/jarvice_2017-09-12_02-10-55/terraform.tfvars -target module.workers ~/devel/sre/tectonic/tectonic-installer/darwin/clusters/jarvice_2017-09-12_02-10-55/platforms/aws
Failed to load root config module: Error loading modules: module vpc: not found, may need to be downloaded using 'terraform get'

> module vpc: not found, may need to be downloaded using ‘terraform get’

Rob Szumski

Oct 11, 2017, 2:56:51 PM10/11/17
to Stephan Kristyn, CoreOS User
Did you run `terraform get`? Note that in the next 1.7.5 release (out soon), Tectonic will use Terrafrom 0.10, which renames the `get` command to `init`.

Stephan Kristyn

Oct 12, 2017, 3:46:21 AM10/12/17
to Rob Szumski, CoreOS User
I tried get of course. There must be modules dir for get to not throw error. Sometimes it gave newline as exit code sometimes it loaded modiles, tried with tectonic terraform binary. Not working so far.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Rob Szumski

Oct 12, 2017, 10:31:49 AM10/12/17
to Stephan Kristyn, CoreOS User
Make sure you are in the root directory of the download. I seem to recall there was something specific to the path. When it doubt, follow the directions exactly, as those should work perfectly.

Stephan Kristyn

Oct 15, 2017, 9:03:18 PM10/15/17
to Rob Szumski, CoreOS User
Thanks a lot!

Following the website and using the tarball and not the git repo solved the vpc issue…

…..
   state              Advanced state management
Me@My-MBP ~/d/s/t/tectonic> terraform init platforms/aws
Downloading modules...
…..

However, now I am running into this issue:

Me@My-MBP ~/d/s/t/tectonic> terraform apply -var-file=~/devel/sre/tectonic/tectonic-installer/darwin/clusters/jarvice_2017-09-12_02-10-55/terraform.tfvars -target module.workers ~/devel/sre/tectonic/tectonic-installer/darwin/clusters/jarvice_2017-09-12_02-10-55/platforms/aws

Failed to load root config module: Error loading modules: module ignition_masters: not found, may need to be downloaded using 'terraform get‘

Stephan Kristyn

Oct 15, 2017, 9:34:24 PM10/15/17
to Rob Szumski, CoreOS User
Now I got rid of that error, but when I scale up, e.g. 3 more workers I am seeing

tyrion@Stephans-MBP ~/d/s/b/jarvice_2017-09-12_02-10-55> terraform plan -var-file=terraform.tfvars -target module.worker platforms/aws
Refreshing Terraform state in-memory prior to plan...
The refreshed state will be used to calculate this plan, but will not be
persisted to local or remote state storage.

No changes. Infrastructure is up-to-date.

This means that Terraform did not detect any differences between your
configuration and real physical resources that exist. As a result, no
actions need to be performed.
tyrion@Stephans-MBP ~/d/s/b/jarvice_2017-09-12_02-10-55> terraform apply -var-file=terraform.tfvars -target module.worker platforms/aws

Stephan Kristyn

Oct 17, 2017, 7:20:05 AM10/17/17
to Rob Szumski, CoreOS User
tyrion@Stephans-MacBook-Pro ~/d/s/t/tectonic>
terraform plan -var-file ../../build/jarvice_2017-09-12_02-10-55/terraform.tfvars  -target module.workers platforms/aws
Refreshing Terraform state in-memory prior to plan...
The refreshed state will be used to calculate this plan, but will not be
persisted to local or remote state storage.

data.template_file.max_user_watches: Refreshing state...
data.template_file.s3_puller: Refreshing state...
data.template_file.docker_dropin: Refreshing state...
data.template_file.installer_kubelet_env: Refreshing state...
data.ignition_file.installer_kubelet_env: Refreshing state...
data.ignition_systemd_unit.locksmithd: Refreshing state...
data.ignition_systemd_unit.docker_dropin: Refreshing state...
data.ignition_file.max_user_watches: Refreshing state...
data.ignition_file.s3_puller: Refreshing state...
data.aws_ami.coreos_ami: Refreshing state...

Error running plan: 2 error(s) occurred:

* module.vpc.aws_subnet.worker_subnet: aws_subnet.worker_subnet: value of 'count' cannot be computed
* module.vpc.aws_subnet.master_subnet: aws_subnet.master_subnet: value of 'count' cannot be computed

Stephan Kristyn

Oct 17, 2017, 11:18:17 AM10/17/17
to Rob Szumski, CoreOS User