cifs support in latest coreos versions

Veeresh Hiremath

Oct 16, 2017, 3:37:23 PM10/16/17
to CoreOS User
Hello,

I am using Coreos version (1520.5.0) and I have an use case to mount cifs type from an Azure file storage. However I don't see any executable ( mount.cifs) nor mount -f cifs works

Below error when I use "mount -f cifs"
--------------------------------
cbu-dev-k8s-node2 core # mount -t cifs //veereshsa.file.core.windows.net/myfirstazurefileshare /tmp/mount1 -o vers=3.0,username=veereshsa,password=UDrhRlxgWG5PkRu446ueBz4pl9mkOWj/TWPb5xIc+XyBNck3SYZY5gaIc8uhsEU7z3ipxD/9aE4JR/N+Ujb7SQ==,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,sec=ntlmssp
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //veereshsa.file.core.windows.net/myfirstazurefileshare,
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)

       dmesg | tail or so.
--------------------------------

I have tried few online solutions of using a fedora docker version to copy the mount.cifs executable, but seems it all does not work in latest coreos versions

Thanks,
Veeresh Hiremath

Alex Crawford

Oct 16, 2017, 5:19:00 PM10/16/17
to Veeresh Hiremath, CoreOS User
On 10/16, Veeresh Hiremath wrote:
> I am using Coreos version (1520.5.0) and I have an use case to mount cifs
> type from an Azure file storage. However I don't see any executable (
> mount.cifs) nor mount -f cifs works
>
> I have tried few online solutions of using a fedora docker version to copy
> the mount.cifs executable, but seems it all does not work in latest coreos
> versions

We have a tracking bug [1] open for this issue. It looks like the team
hasn't had a chance to look into this yet.

[1]: https://github.com/coreos/bugs/issues/571
signature.asc