Adding VPN to CoreOS?

Lonnie

Jul 28, 2017, 7:28:49 AM7/28/17
to CoreOS User
Greetings All,

I hope that your day is going well.

I have a small 3-node CoreOS test cluster setup and am evaluating it to see if it is going to be a better platform to use for private cloud services than using another platform that I came across called RancherOS (with Rancher Server).

Right now, I am looking to have something like CoreOS with Kubernetes and perhaps Kontena on top as the manager, but my test nodes are all hosted VPS systems that I have installed CoreOS on and have gotten them to cluster. With that in mind, I was thinking that perhaps what I also need is to add in a VPN so that the nodes can communicate on the same subnet and was thinking about either TincVPN or PeerVPN since if we go with this design then we will add more nodes and PeerVPN seems to do it easily.

So then and sorry for the long introduction, but I am wondering how to add PeerVPN (or TincVPN) to the CoreOS configs to get it running on boot up and to establish the VPN with the other nodes. My first step would be to figure out how to get PeerVPN to install on boot of each node and this is where I am hoping that someone can help.  On a side note, I will need this type of a VPN for expansion into a later design goal as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Lonnie