Freeze Docker Version on CoreOS updates

Michal Kuzak

Apr 10, 2018, 5:55:02 AM4/10/18
to CoreOS User
HI All,

Currently Kubernetes 1.10/1.9 supports only Docker 17.09.x but the latest CoreOS stable release pushes Docker to
17.12.1 and the Alpha Channel has even Docker 18.x.

If CoreOS ships kernel or security updates and I would want to update it CoreOS how can I prevent it from upgrading the docker engine. Otherwise we are stuck on version 1632.3.0 until Kubernetes catches up. There must be a way of getting around this problem.

Thanks for any advice.
Mike

save...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2018, 6:16:16 AM4/10/18
to CoreOS User
Hi there, you may be interested to look at this[1]
[1] https://gist.github.com/dm0-/66f8375418a8f2369070a2f5902ec5f0