Torcx official documentation - Docker Version

Michal Kuzak

May 24, 2018, 6:27:10 AM5/24/18
to CoreOS User
HI All,

According to the following site there should have been some documentation released yesterday regarding changing the Docker Version via Torcx.

  • May 23, 2018: Docker version selection via Torcx is documented and available in all channels.
Has this been published anywhere ? Is this still on track ?

Thanks for any help.

Luca BRUNO

May 24, 2018, 8:27:01 AM5/24/18
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, May 24, 2018 10:27:10 AM UTC Michal Kuzak wrote:

> According to the following site
> <https://coreos.com/blog/toward-docker-17-in-container-linux>there should
> have been some documentation released yesterday regarding changing the
> Docker Version via Torcx.
>

> - May 23, 2018: Docker version selection via Torcx is documented and
> available in all channels.
>
> Has this been published anywhere ? Is this still on track ?

Such documentation hasn't been published yet, because the underlying
implementation is still in progress.

I don't have a more specific timeline at this point, but I have updated the
relevant ticket with status for tracking:
https://github.com/coreos/bugs/issues/2215#issuecomment-391694404

Ciao, Luca

--
"If you build a wall, think of what you leave outside it" - Italo Calvino

Benjamin Gilbert

May 24, 2018, 4:41:40 PM5/24/18
to Michal Kuzak, CoreOS User
On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Luca BRUNO <lu...@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thursday, May 24, 2018 10:27:10 AM UTC Michal Kuzak wrote:
> According to the following site
> <https://coreos.com/blog/toward-docker-17-in-container-linux>there should
> have been some documentation released yesterday regarding changing the
> Docker Version via Torcx.
>

>    - May 23, 2018: Docker version selection via Torcx is documented and
>    available in all channels.
>
> Has this been published anywhere ? Is this still on track ?

Such documentation hasn't been published yet, because the underlying
implementation is still in progress.

I don't have a more specific timeline at this point, but I have updated the
relevant ticket with status for tracking:
https://github.com/coreos/bugs/issues/2215#issuecomment-391694404

Yeah, we're running behind on this.  We'll get a new timeline published soon.  Until then, we're continuing to ship both Docker images in the OS.

--Benjamin Gilbert

Michal Kuzak

May 29, 2018, 7:23:28 AM5/29/18
to CoreOS User