Passing insecure-options to rkt using kubelet-wrapper

Abhishek Chanda

Aug 16, 2016, 1:33:42 PM8/16/16
to CoreOS User
Hi all,

We have a deployment which uses self signed certs and running hyperkube using kubelet-wrapper fails. On poking a bit more, we noticed this is due to cert validation failure

# rkt --debug run quay.io/coreos/hyperkube:v1.3.4_coreos.0 --exec=/kubelet
image: using image from local store for image name coreos.com/rkt/stage1-coreos:1.8.0
image: searching for app image quay.io/coreos/hyperkube
image: meta tag 'ac-discovery' not found on quay.io/coreos/hyperkube: Get https://quay.io/coreos/hyperkube?ac-discovery=1: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
image: meta tag 'ac-discovery' not found on quay.io/coreos: Get https://quay.io/coreos?ac-discovery=1: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
image: meta tag 'ac-discovery' not found on quay.io: Get https://quay.io?ac-discovery=1: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
run:
  └─discovery failed for "quay.io/coreos/hyperkube"
    └─discovery failed

This works when I pass --insecure-options=all to rkt. Is there a way to pass that through the kubelet-wrapper? I did not want to change permissions on the file to make it writeable.

Thanks

Kyle Brown

Aug 16, 2016, 1:55:58 PM8/16/16
to Abhishek Chanda, CoreOS User
Hi Abhishek,

The kubelet-wrapper docs have some examples on passing options and flags to rkt:

Cheers,
Kyle Brown

Abhishek Chanda

Aug 16, 2016, 5:20:47 PM8/16/16
to Kyle Brown, CoreOS User
Thanks Kyle, that worked.

Thanks
>> email to coreos-user...@googlegroups.com.

Abhishek Chanda

Aug 17, 2016, 7:03:07 PM8/17/16
to CoreOS User
Hi all,

We have the same problem again, but this time with the flannel image.
The given unit file for flannel passed insecure-options=image but we
need to pass tls too. Also, the flannel unit file does not allow
passing more options to rkt. Is there a way to pass
insecure-options=tls to rkt while running flannel?

Thanks