New proxy mode to serve reads locally and send write requests to the members

Laszlo Janosi

Sep 18, 2016, 11:57:09 AM9/18/16
to CoreOS User
Hello,

I would like to ask, is there a plan to support such proxy mode, where read requests can be served locally while write requests are forwarded to the members of the cluster?

Thank you!
Best Regards,
Laszlo

will.g...@coreos.com

Sep 19, 2016, 2:24:36 PM9/19/16
to CoreOS User
Laszlo,

If you are referring to etcd, this functionality is already fully supported.

Cheers!

Will

Laszlo Janosi

Sep 23, 2016, 7:14:26 PM9/23/16
to CoreOS User
Will,

Yes, I meant etcd, excuse me for not being specific, my fault.
In that case the documentation is a bit misleading. The doc says:
"etcd currently supports two proxy modes: readwrite and readonly. The default mode is readwrite, which forwards both read and write requests to the etcd cluster. A readonly etcd proxy only forwards read requests to the etcd cluster, and returns HTTP 501 to all write requests."

In its current format it tells me  that local read is not supported, but all read requests are forwarded to the cluster of members.

Best regards,
Laszlo

anthony...@coreos.com

Sep 28, 2016, 6:20:48 PM9/28/16
to CoreOS User
Cached reads are available in etcd 3.1-alpha's grpcproxy for serialized reads. There are no plans to support it in the v2 proxy.

Laszlo Janosi

Oct 15, 2016, 8:42:28 AM10/15/16
to CoreOS User
Thank you!