stable 1068.6.0: started to receive etcd2 overloaded messages

Juan José Amor

Jul 14, 2016, 7:09:55 AM7/14/16
to CoreOS User
Hello all,

I recently upgraded to 1068.6.0 stable in my cluster. Since then, we receive following messages:

etcd2[1074]: failed to send out heartbeat on time (deadline exceeded for 251.432912ms)
etcd2[1074]: server is likely overloaded

also fleetctl timeout commands, which logs:

etcd2[1074]: got unexpected response error (etcdserver: request timed out)

but it is strange, since this occurs after upgrade. I'm currently testing with new hearbeat-interval and election-timeout values, but
do you know what may be happened? Do you have some other suggestion for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Xiang Li

Jul 14, 2016, 12:55:02 PM7/14/16
to CoreOS User
The logging was added later on. My best guess is that the old version etcd just did not print the warning out. But the problem existed before.