Etcd proxy mode setup.

Tanmay Binaykiya

Apr 27, 2015, 5:21:06 AM4/27/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
I've  been trying to setup etcd in proxy mode. My etcd cluster has 3 etcd nodes.
To bootstrap the cluster, i tried using the discovery url method. The error message in journalctl says "discovery: found 0 peer(s), waiting for 3 more "
According to https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/proxy.md, i have provided only proxy, listen-client-urls and initial-cluster flags
I tried the same thing by hardcoding the etcd client urls using the initial-cluster flag. That seems to work.  Can someone help me fix this issue.

Brandon Philips

Apr 27, 2015, 6:37:02 PM4/27/15
to Tanmay Binaykiya, coreos-user
Hello Tanmay-

Can you provide the exact command line you are using? It should look
something like this:

etcd -name proxy1 -proxy=on -bind-addr 127.0.0.1:8080 -initial-cluster
'infra1=http://localhost:7001,infra2=http://localhost:7002,infra3=http://localhost:7003'

You can find this in the example testing Procfile for etcd:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/coreos/etcd/master/Procfile

Thanks,

Brandon

Tanmay Binaykiya

Apr 27, 2015, 8:57:46 PM4/27/15
to Brandon Philips, coreos-user

This works when I give the etcd node IPs explicitly. But i want to use the discovery flag to have the the proxy pick up the node IPs which isn't working for me.

Brandon Philips

Apr 28, 2015, 1:33:43 PM4/28/15
to Tanmay Binaykiya, coreos-user
Can you please include the flags you are using and the output from the
proxy process that isn't working?

Thank You,

Brandon

Tanmay Binaykiya