static route and mac address

mohd hamza

Jul 1, 2015, 1:14:16 AM7/1/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I have Esxi on dedicated server and running coreOS as vms on it.
I want to assign static ip,route and Mac address.

Ip address 151.80.x.x
Netmask 255.255.255.255
Gateway 176.31.x.x

[Match]
Name=eno16780032
MACAddress=00:50:56:0a:9d:4d

[Network]
Address=151.80.254.x/32
Gateway=176.31.x.x
DNS=213.186.33.99

[Route]
Gateway=176.31.x.x
Destination=176.31.x.x/32

This is my static.network file.unable to change mac and cant even add route.

Seán C. McCord

Jul 1, 2015, 8:31:49 AM7/1/15
to mohd hamza, coreo...@googlegroups.com
That is certainly correct on both accounts.

* You don't need to match on both the MAC and the Name.
* The name will be the name on the inside of the VM, not the host-side.
* You can't add a gateway which exists on a network you do not have a route to.  That would be meaningless.

Seán C McCord
CyCore Systems, Inc