Need help with Container log.

lucianyo...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2017, 8:17:17 PM10/8/17
to CoreOS User
For log analytics, we use Microsoft’s Operations Management Suite (OMS)’ s Log collection and analytics on application’s deployed in Azure. We want to do the same thing on pods running in CoreOS in  Azure. We have deployed the latest version of oms agent's on all the nodes (1.4.1-45 20170831 Release_Build). We also verified all the relevant files are in omsagent.d folder including container.config. we are seeing logs related to container inventory log, container service log, container image inventory, etc, however no container log. We else can we try to get container logs to show up

Rob Szumski

Oct 9, 2017, 2:54:04 PM10/9/17
to lucianyo...@gmail.com, CoreOS User
Have you looked into fluentd as the agent? It looks like it has OMS support. This is the model that we follow in Tectonic for shipping logs to remote locations. My guess is that the OMS agent doesn’t understand containers, but fluentd does (plus host logging).

 - Rob