CoreOS Ignition on Rackspace (OpenStack) via REST API

Gin

Aug 14, 2017, 4:02:30 AM8/14/17
to CoreOS User
Hi,

Has anyone been able to fire up an instance of CoreOS with Ignition scripts on Rackspace?
As far as I know, Rackspace Server API accepts user_data parameter with base64-encoded contents. I've tested with cloud-config and it does work.
With the Ignition config - which is a validated Json, taken from the examples page - the instance boots up as if no config file has been provided,

Is there anything different in the process of providing Ignition config to CoreOS?

CoreOS: latest at the time of writing.

Regards,
Gin

Rob Szumski

Aug 15, 2017, 2:25:11 PM8/15/17
to Gin, CoreOS User
It doesn’t look like Rackspace is a supported platform: https://coreos.com/ignition/docs/latest/supported-platforms.html

 - Rob

Alex Crawford

Aug 17, 2017, 3:39:01 PM8/17/17
to Gin, CoreOS User
On 08/14, Gin wrote:
> As far as I know, Rackspace Server API accepts user_data parameter with
> base64-encoded contents. I've tested with cloud-config and it does work.
> With the Ignition config - which is a validated Json, taken from the examples
> page <https://coreos.com/os/docs/latest/migrating-to-clcs.html> - the
> instance boots up as if no config file has been provided,
>
> Is there anything different in the process of providing Ignition config to
> CoreOS?

We haven't had a chance to work on Rackspace support in Ignition. As a
result, when Ignition sees Rackspace, it just no-ops. We would love help
with the development of this functionality. To be honest, Rackspace is a
relatively low priority for us right now.

-Alex
signature.asc

Gintautas Sulskus

Aug 17, 2017, 4:06:00 PM8/17/17