CoreOS alpha request for docker 1.12.2

Blue Thomas

Oct 27, 2016, 2:47:29 PM10/27/16
to CoreOS User
I'm not sure of the proper request channels or what to track, but wanted to submit a request for docker 1.12.2 (or milestone 1.12.3) for the existing CoreOS alpha channel. There are a few bug fixes in those versions that tackle swarm service discovery and I'm hoping that upgrade will stabilize my clusters significantly.

If this isn't the right way to submit a request like this, what is? Thanks in advance.

Alex Crawford

Oct 27, 2016, 2:53:40 PM10/27/16
to Blue Thomas, CoreOS User
On 10/27, Blue Thomas wrote:
> I'm not sure of the proper request channels or what to track, but wanted to
> submit a request for docker 1.12.2
> <https://github.com/docker/docker/milestone/58> (or milestone 1.12.3
> <https://github.com/docker/docker/milestone/59>) for the existing CoreOS
> alpha channel. There are a few bug fixes in those versions that tackle
> swarm service discovery and I'm hoping that upgrade will stabilize my
> clusters significantly.
>
> If this isn't the right way to submit a request like this, what is? Thanks
> in advance.

I've gone ahead and filed a feature request [1] on your behalf. We've
held off on bumping Docker while we work on stabilizing other aspects of
the system. Since we are about finished with those tasks, we can look
into updating Docker.

I'd be cautious running Docker Swarm on CoreOS. This is not a mode of
operation that we support and I've been told that Swarm does not
guarentee supporting version-skew (needed for zero-downtime upgrades).
Since I've never tested it myself, I'm curious how well this is working
for you.

-Alex

[1]: https://github.com/coreos/bugs/issues/1633
signature.asc

Blue Thomas

Oct 27, 2016, 2:58:40 PM10/27/16
to Alex Crawford, CoreOS User
Thanks Alex, I appreciate it. Swarm does not yet support version skew for zero downtime upgrades but am hoping it will soon. I'm willing to work around a few things at this point in my project.