Missing driver for Cisco VIC FC NIC

sam liu

Jan 10, 2017, 10:24:37 PM1/10/17
to CoreOS User
hi all,

We installed Coreos on Cisco UCS system.  but we did not found Cisco VIC FC NIC driver on it.

#more /usr/share/coreos/release
COREOS_RELEASE_VERSION=1185.5.0
COREOS_RELEASE_BOARD=amd64-usr
COREOS_RELEASE_APPID={e96281a6-d1af-4bde-9a0a-97b76e56dc57}

so it there some ways to compile this driver into Coreos'e kernal ?

thanks

Alex Crawford

Jan 11, 2017, 2:00:53 PM1/11/17
to sam liu, CoreOS User
On 01/10, sam liu wrote:
> We installed Coreos on Cisco UCS system. but we did not found Cisco VIC FC
> NIC driver on it.
>
> so it there some ways to compile this driver into Coreos'e kernal ?

I've gone ahead and filed a bug [1] for you. In the future, feel free to
file those directly. We are generally open to adding support for various
hardware. I'll see if we can get this into the next Alpha release
(scheduled for next Thursday).

-Alex

[1]: https://github.com/coreos/bugs/issues/1759
signature.asc