Cannot add dependency job for unit ignoring: Unit

Karthik Jayaraman

Mar 18, 2015, 1:51:54 PM3/18/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have developed multiple unit files and each unit file is structured as follows (each has a main service and a dependent side kick service)

1. Stop all unit files

fleetctl stop test-s...@9090.service

2. Destroy the unit files

fleetctl destroy test-service-register@.service test-service@.service && \
fleetctl destroy test-servi...@9090.service test-s...@9090.service

3. Load the unit files

fleetctl submit services/test-service@.service services/test-service-register@.service && \
fleetctl submit services/test-s...@9090.service  services/test-servi...@9090.service

4. Start the unit files

fleetctl start test-s...@9090.service

I have this setup for multiple files and I put these commands into a sh file - one sh file for stop, one for destroy, one for load and one for stopping of all the unit files. The problem I am facing is sometimes, I find some of the sidekick units loaded but in an inactive status and fleetctl status gives me the following.

Cannot add dependency job for unit test-service-register.service, ignoring: Unit test-service-register.service failed to load: No such file or directory

Is this because of the folder structure that I maintain ? Am I doing the process right ? Any help appreciated.

Jakub Veverka

Mar 20, 2015, 8:17:02 AM3/20/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
I found similar behavior when doing same steps like you do. Seems like sidekick unit can't re-detect that your service is up again.
I solve this with re-adding of sidekick as well but I would like to know whether there's some switch which could enable such behavior.
I thought its not bug but rather my systemd ignorance.. Also hoping someone will give us solution to that...

fleetctl destroy test-service-register@9090.service test-s...@9090.service

fleetctl submit services/test-service@9090.service  services/test-service-regi...@9090.service