Urgent issue - Latest stable v607.0.0 has major problems with docker

Rimas Mocevicius

Mar 19, 2015, 6:43:59 AM3/19/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Hi CoreOS team,

My production cluster servers on GCE got updated over night to the latest stable v607.0.0
and now all servers have the same problem:
1) docker stop/kill just hangs and never finishes.
2) reboot of servers does not work well too, if I do sudo reboot it reboots
but I'm not able to connect to the server
Serial console output show nothing.
Only Reset from GC Dev console brings the server back.

My development cluster (GCE too) runs on latest beta and has no such problems.

So it must be for sure latest stable v607.0.0 release went bad.

Thanks

Rimas

Rimas Mocevicius

Mar 19, 2015, 7:04:47 AM3/19/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Also tried the last stable via vagrant box, no issues there.
So at least I can see that GCE release is no working properly.
Message has been deleted

Rimas Mocevicius

Mar 19, 2015, 7:52:10 AM3/19/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Upgraded a few production servers to the latest beta v612.1.0
the docker issues are gone.

Rimas Mocevicius

Mar 19, 2015, 9:46:07 AM3/19/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Right, it looks like was not the CoreOS problem.
GC zones europe-west1-b/c had some problems this morning, as
on zone europe-west1-d v607 worked fine.

Now everything is back to normal, but it is really strange that some problems on GCE can affect
how CoreOS works, e.g. this time docker was affected.