Flannel release candidate available for v0.9.0 release

Tom Denham

Sep 18, 2017, 6:44:41 PM9/18/17
to CoreOS Dev
I have just make available a release candidate for the next version of flannel

This pre release of flannel brings some significant improvements to the vxlan backend.
- No longer listen for netlink messages. This improves flannel performance at high scale (especially on heavily loaded systems) and minimizes the possibility for dropped traffic when the flannel deamon is stopped (e.g. during upgrades).
- Fully compatible with previous versions of flannel to allow for easy upgrade
- Adds support for new "direct routing" mode where packets are only VXLAN encapsulated if there isn't a directly connected route to the destination host.

There are also a number of other fixes - see the release note for more details.

I'm hoping to do the final release at the end of the week so it would be great if you folks could try it out before then. I'm particularly looking for for people to try out the vxlan changes (with the new direct routing option) and the multi platform fixes.

Tom Denham

Sep 22, 2017, 12:09:05 PM9/22/17
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
The final v0.9.0 version of flannel is now released - https://github.com/coreos/flannel/releases/tag/v0.9.0