Install OpenSSH 7.3 on CoreOS

Solito Reyes III

Oct 18, 2016, 4:51:08 PM10/18/16
to CoreOS Dev
I need to upgrade OpenSSH to 7.3.  What are the best steps to go about this on my CoreOS system?

david....@coreos.com

Oct 18, 2016, 5:04:00 PM10/18/16
to CoreOS Dev
On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 1:51:08 PM UTC-7, Solito Reyes III wrote:
I need to upgrade OpenSSH to 7.3.  What are the best steps to go about this on my CoreOS system?

The easier route will most likely be to mask the CoreOS sshd units, and run the specific version you want in a container with --net=host (or appropriate port mapping).

Otherwise, you can build a customized CoreOS image with the software versions you want to use.  See the following documentation:

https://coreos.com/os/docs/latest/sdk-modifying-coreos.html