CoreOS and Upstream Hyperkube Images

Ryan Phillips

Apr 27, 2018, 4:50:43 PM4/27/18
to CoreOS User, coreo...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

CoreOS has typically created a new Hyperkube image on Kubernetes releases
containing small patches hosted on Quay.io [1] based on the upstream Hyperkube
hosted on GCR [2]. Since both images are similar in functionality and the
upstream image is as good as ours, we are going to start leveraging the upstream
image more.

We are continuing support for our Hyperkube image for Kubernetes 1.8, 1.9, and
1.10. We will not be deleting old images, and will be continuing to build new
images based on point releases, but don't plan on releasing images for the 1.11
series. If you currently depend on our quay images, the k8s.gcr.io ones are a drop
in replacement.

Regards,
Ryan Phillips