stale sys-devices-virtual-net-veth... devices in systemctl list-units after every docker run

Bas Mesman

Jan 9, 2018, 10:20:14 AM1/9/18
to CoreOS Dev
Hello,

Every time I start a container (for example: docker run -ti ubuntu) I have 2 extra virtual ethernet devices according to systemd.
I started to notice this when one of my applications (which uses systemd service information over dbus) started to use to much memory. On the coreos host I noticed the following difference:

# systemctl list-units | grep  sys-devices-virtual-net-veth | wc
> 114474  572370 25527702

# ip addr show | grep veth | wc
> 21     273    2542

I have been trying to find out why but have not been successful yet.

Can anyone of you give me a hint where the problem might reside?
Tanks in advance

# cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID="Container Linux by CoreOS"
DISTRIB_RELEASE=1576.4.0
DISTRIB_CODENAME="Ladybug"
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Container Linux by CoreOS 1576.4.0 (Ladybug)"

Geoff Levand

Jan 9, 2018, 12:52:37 PM1/9/18
to coreo...@googlegroups.com, Bas Mesman
Hi,

On 01/09/2018 07:20 AM, Bas Mesman wrote:
> Every time I start a container (for example: docker run -ti ubuntu) I have 2 extra virtual ethernet devices according to systemd.
> I started to notice this when one of my applications (which uses systemd service information over dbus) started to use to much memory. On the coreos host I noticed the following difference:

Please submit this as a bug report:

https://github.com/coreos/bugs

-Geoff