Unable to configure storage with Prometheus Operator - bug?

Arve Knudsen

Jul 18, 2017, 9:48:16 AM7/18/17
to CoreOS Dev
Hi all

I am trying to configure persistent storage with Prometheus Operator, but I can't get it right even though I think I follow the official documentation to the letter. What happens is that the StatefulSet created by the operator, prometheus-k8s, logs the following error:

    create Claim prometheus-k8s-db-prometheus-k8s-0 for Pod prometheus-k8s-0 in StatefulSet prometheus-k8s failed error: PersistentVolumeClaim "prometheus-k8s-db-prometheus-k8s-0" is invalid: spec.resources[storage]: Required value

I wonder if this is due to a bug in Prometheus Operator or whether I've made a mistake in my configuration. Can someone please help me out? I've made my Prometheus manifest available in this gist.

Thanks,
Arve

Euan Kemp

Jul 18, 2017, 1:25:49 PM7/18/17
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
You're looking at the "master" version of the documentation which, iiuc,
refers to an unreleased change in how storage is specified.

See https://github.com/coreos/prometheus-operator/issues/466

Browsing the documentation for whatever version of the operator you're
using (e.g. for 0.10.2,
https://github.com/coreos/prometheus-operator/blob/v0.10.2/Documentation/user-guides/storage.md#storage-provisioning-on-aws)
should have working examples.

- Euan