Using CoreOS with AMD GPU

Kenny Ho

May 24, 2018, 11:55:23 AM5/24/18
to CoreOS Dev
Hi,

I am interested in using CoreOS with AMD GPU.  Is this something that can be done with some post-install SDK on a standard CoreOS or do I need to make patches to the regular CoreOS distribution itself?

I've made a standard install and I noticed the gpu firmware is not available.

Regards,
Kenny

David Michael

May 24, 2018, 1:48:38 PM5/24/18
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Kenny Ho <y2k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in using CoreOS with AMD GPU. Is this something that can be
> done with some post-install SDK on a standard CoreOS or do I need to make
> patches to the regular CoreOS distribution itself?

GPU drivers are not being built, so you will have to use the SDK to
build your own modified image with an edited kernel config and any
additional firmware packages. See these pages for some pointers:

https://coreos.com/os/docs/latest/sdk-modifying-coreos.html
https://coreos.com/os/docs/latest/sdk-tips-and-tricks.html

Thanks.

David