Introducing & porting CoreOS on ppc64le platform !

Leno Hou

May 10, 2016, 1:44:53 AM5/10/16
to CoreOS Dev, Linda Jiang

Good NEWS

CoreOS raises $28M Series B round led by GV

Thanks for everyone's hard work with CoreOS. But today I wanna to share an idea about CoreOS.

With the benefit of CoreOS, Why we not introducing and porting CoreOS on ppc64le platform ?

Basically,

  • CoreOS will give everyone's attention if its supported other platforms. e.g. x86, arm64 and ppc64.
  • The market needs more choice and balance and there are many servers based on ppc64.

Technically,
  • Gentoo already supported ppc64le platform and go-1.6.2 compiler on ppc64le.
  • docker and kubernetes runs well on gentoo ppc64le platform
  • Compiled update_engine on ppc64le, now FVT.
Based on above, followed the questions
  • Is it possible to introducing and porting CoreOS on ppc64le platform ?
  • If it possible, does CoreOS have plan to introducing and porting CoreOS on ppc64le ?
  • Is there anyone interested in join us with CoreOS on ppc64le ?
Actually, now i'm porting CoreOS on ppc64le in my spare time. So I need you mentor.

-Leno Hou

Kevin Zhao

May 10, 2016, 3:11:42 AM5/10/16
to CoreOS Dev, Linda Jiang
Greate~It seems that you are moving quickly~

Leno Hou <len...@gmail.com>于2016年5月10日周二 下午1:44写道:

Brandon Philips

May 11, 2016, 9:00:44 AM5/11/16
to CoreOS Dev, Linda Jiang
Hello Leno and Kevin-

Adding another platform for CoreOS is a lot of work for us. Can we organize some time to get on a video chat to discuss what your use case is and what you hope to get out of this project? That was we can figure out what the appropriate level of effort should be here.

I will follow-up off-list to find some time.

Thank You,

Brandon

Leno Hou

May 14, 2016, 2:22:00 AM5/14/16
to CoreOS Dev, linda...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 9:00:44 PM UTC+8, Brandon Philips wrote:
Hello Leno and Kevin-

Adding another platform for CoreOS is a lot of work for us. Can we organize some time to get on a video chat to discuss what your use case is and what you hope to get out of this project? That was we can figure out what the appropriate level of effort should be here.

I will follow-up off-list to find some time.

Thank You,

Sorry for delayed reply. Now I’m on a Business Trip, So maybe we can have conference call the week after next week. When I’m back I’ll give you the specific time. Thanks.

  1. We’re in UTC/GMT+8,  Shanghai, China.  Which timezone are you?  Is UTC/GMT-8, San Francisco,  CA, America ? Have a nice weekend !
  2. Could we  have AT&T conference call ? We do not have the video equipment so I’m afraid that We can’t hold the conference video.

-Leno Hou