Tectonic Enterprise Kubernetes License Clarification

Joe San

Apr 16, 2018, 6:16:12 AM4/16/18
to CoreOS Dev
I could see from the CoreOS Website that the Tectonic Enterprise version is limited to 10 nodes per user. What is this user in this scenario? Is this user an organization? For example., in an enterprise there may by 100's of projects and what one project has as tools might not be visible to the other project. So my question is if I as a project use the free enterprise edition and limit myself to 10 nodes, can another team within the same organization register as a different user and use another 10 node free lincense? Can anyone here please clarify this notion of user? Is this user is one per organization or just any user?

Rob Szumski

Apr 20, 2018, 6:19:59 PM4/20/18
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

Yes, more than one person at your organization can use the 10 free nodes. It’s not a problem until it’s being abused to get around limits, which it sounds like you are definitely not. Enjoy Tectonic!

 - Rob

Joe San

Apr 21, 2018, 12:07:20 AM4/21/18
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

So the understanding is we have several 10 node licenses installed within our Enterprise and we can have as many 10 node instances as we want within our Enterprise. Is this correct?

Thanks and Regards,
Jothi

Rob Szumski

Apr 30, 2018, 4:19:38 PM4/30/18
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is correct. Sorry for the delayed followup.