Progress of the update server in China ?

Fan Lin

May 21, 2015, 1:06:41 PM5/21/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
As many people know, the CoreOS update server is blocked by China's "GreatWall Firewall". There are recently some buzz (also in this mail group) about creating a CoreOS update server inside China, so it'll be easier for the user inside that wall.

Do you have any official plan of that idea? And how's the progress?

And also, is it possible for CoreOS company to cooperate with a local CoreOS community or university to hold the update resource (just like ubuntu's apt-get source)?

hib...@gmail.com

May 21, 2015, 1:35:42 PM5/21/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
it's our common word  who comes from china .  i was  told  coreos team has cooperated with MS's Azure to publish the new updates sources service。 can that be true?

thanks for reply!

Tad Wang

May 25, 2015, 12:36:10 PM5/25/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
@CoreOS Dev

Our Company Also have such issue. I cannot update coreos through update-engine.

Even Buy the services now,  we still cannot communicate with coreos update server. I have to reinstall all 100+ servers by PXE and auto-config scripts.

We are looking forward to your reply, thanks!

--- Tad

在 2015年5月22日星期五 UTC+8上午1:06:41,Fan Lin写道:

Michael Marineau

May 25, 2015, 4:44:52 PM5/25/15
to coreos-dev

We do plan on changing the way we provide image and update downloads soon which will hopefully be more reliable in China but I do not have an exact time. My hope is within the next month.

Vaishakh Nadgir

Apr 21, 2016, 7:14:33 AM4/21/16
to CoreOS Dev
Hello,

Wondering if there is an update to this?

I am aware of alternatives like coreroller and https://gist.github.com/kayrus/b47c466d8bbeb46822b1, but believe the problem is that google storage is not supported in China.
However both those solutions will not work unless someone actually hosts servers and manages the updates.gz files. I am hoping that we dont have to do it.
I was told that you might be moving to AWS storage to overcome the issue.

Can you please provide an update regarding when this will be available.  Even a ETA would help us with the adoption.

Thanks,
Vaishakh
Technical Lead @ EFSET, London

Michael Marineau

Apr 21, 2016, 10:34:28 AM4/21/16
to coreos-dev

Coming soon! Should be all sorted out within a week or so. Will announce once it is working. :)

Tad Wang

Apr 21, 2016, 11:28:55 AM4/21/16
to CoreOS Dev

Hi, Vaishakh

Thanks for your reply.

As your guide, I set up one service and make it works: http://update.coreos.yunpro.cn

Maybe it has unknown problems, but it really works for me.

Good News for Chinese CoreOS lover. After more than one year, it happened!

I will open this update link to public for free until CoreOS setup mirror in China.

Thanks very much!

--

Tad Wang

Goyoo@Beijing

在 2016年4月21日星期四 UTC+8下午7:14:33,Vaishakh Nadgir写道: