Bond network configuration lost on networkd restart

Francisco Javier Pareja

May 29, 2018, 6:21:44 PM5/29/18
to CoreOS Dev
Hello,

We have configured a bond connection using ignition which adds the attached files to /etc/system/network.
The bond interface obtains an IP when booting and restarting the machine. However when restarting systemd-networkd with the following command, the network is lost. The bond losses its configuration.
systemctl restart systemd-networkd

CoreOS 1688.4.0

Best Regards,
Francisco
00-ens.network
10-bond0.netdev
20-bond0.network

Francisco Javier Pareja

May 30, 2018, 8:35:24 AM5/30/18
to CoreOS Dev
Hello again,

I have done a few more tests and here are my findings:
1- Setup bond using ignition (file attached in the previous post)
2- Everything works as expected - Connected to the network (can SSH to it)
3- Reboot machine
4- Everything still working as expected - Connected to the network (can SSH to it)
5- systemctl restart systemd-networkd
6- Attached image shows the output. It then keeps showing the No 802.3ad response warning in a loop.
7- ifconfig shows that the bond interface lost the IP address.

Geoff Levand

May 30, 2018, 1:31:06 PM5/30/18
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Maybe add something like this to the kernel command line on startup:
'systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=console systemd.journald.forward_to_console=1',
and see if you get anything more.

I recommend you create a new issue in the coreos bugs: https://github.com/coreos/bugs/issues

-Geoff