Failed units in MOTD

Brian Morton

Mar 9, 2015, 1:24:43 PM3/9/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
I see a list of failed units in the MOTD when I login.  Most of those units don't exist anymore and have been removed.  They don't show up in `fleetctl list-units` or `fleetctl list-unit-files`.  Is there an easy way to clear out the MOTD or disable this feature?

Thanks!
-b

Paul Morgan

Mar 9, 2015, 4:11:06 PM3/9/15
to coreos-dev
I ran into same problem with units that had been removed. try

sudo systemctl reset-failed

from http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemctl.html

"reset-failed [PATTERN...]
Reset the "failed" state of the specified units, or if no unit name is
passed, reset the state of all units. When a unit fails in some way
(i.e. process exiting with non-zero error code, terminating abnormally
or timing out), it will automatically enter the "failed" state and its
exit code and status is recorded for introspection by the
administrator until the service is restarted or reset with this
command."
--
Paul Morgan

Brian Morton

Mar 18, 2015, 1:37:48 AM3/18/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
My response is a bit delayed, but this worked perfectly.  Thank you!