Cloud-Init with additional network interfaces

Phil Kates

Jun 7, 2014, 2:40:02 PM6/7/14
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
I'm testing out CoreOS on Rackspace Cloud and want to take advantage of the Private Networks to run etcd and fleet on. Unless you remove the public or servicenet network the private network will end up being eth2. I could remove servicenet but I'm trying to avoid that since I've heard things get weird when you remove servicenet on Rackspace Cloud.

Currently cloud-config has the $public_ipv4 and $private_ipv4 variables available and looking in the oem-rackspace overlay the [coreos-setup-environment][1] file is hardcoded to look for eth0 and eth1 as the public and private addresses. I tried overwriting that file with a write_files but it doesn't seem to happen early enough in the process to work (I even tried restarting coreos-setup-environment.service).

I was thinking that something like $interface_ethX_ipvY would be super useful for more complicated network setups. Alternately I'm trying to think of a way to specify which interface I want to be the public and which the private but I haven't been clever enough to think where or how that would work without changing the current default behavior.

Anything I might be missing on how to do this?

Thanks,

th...@sharpspring.com

May 1, 2015, 10:39:50 AM5/1/15
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
Hi!, I am attempting to perform a similar task. I'd like to use a $user_private_ipv4 variable to pull the eth2 interface IP attached to my Rackspace private network, "company-private-network". Is there a variable like this available to use?