Tectonic Installer: How should I configure DNS for etcd?

Arve Knudsen

May 10, 2017, 2:32:49 AM5/10/17
to CoreOS Dev
In implementing the Tectonic Installer for DigitalOcean, I've come across the problem that only the first etcd node comes up successfully since other nodes are not given a DNS address. I've copied this behaviour from the AWS etcd module's DNS configuration.

Even though this is how it's done already in the AWS setup, I just cannot see how it's supposed to work, since each etcd node is configured to have a corresponding DNS address. Can someone please enlighten me as to how etcd nodes should be configured wrt. DNS? I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Arve

Rob Szumski

May 10, 2017, 1:48:45 PM5/10/17
to arve.k...@gmail.com, coreos-dev
Let’s move this conversation to Github if you don’t mind. That will engage the correct engineers that should be able to answer these questions. Mind opening an issue?

Thanks for exploring DO support!

 - Rob

Arve Knudsen

May 10, 2017, 1:52:44 PM5/10/17