Public repository of rkt application containers?

Derek Mahar

Jul 8, 2016, 3:46:11 PM7/8/16
to CoreOS Dev
Where may I find a public, searchable repository of rkt application containers similar to Docker Hub?

Thank you,

Derek

Kyle Brown

Jul 8, 2016, 3:54:30 PM7/8/16
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
There isn't exactly an equivalent to dockerhub for rkt yet. Quay.io supports automatic conversion of pushed Docker containers to ACI when called via `rkt fetch`.

Check out:
https://coreos.com/rkt/docs/latest/running-docker-images.html

Cheers,
Kyle Brown

Derek Mahar

Jul 8, 2016, 3:59:47 PM7/8/16
to CoreOS Dev
In other words, how can I find rkt application containers?

Seán C. McCord

Jul 8, 2016, 5:13:38 PM7/8/16
to CoreOS Dev
As Kyle said:  there isn't any common, public way to search for publicly-available rkt containers in the way that you can do so with Docker Hub.

Part of the reason for this is that there is no corresponding `rkt push` command (yet).  You _can_, however, use any Docker image with rkt.  Since Docker repositories do not have the same verification capabilities as do the manifests for rkt, you generally have to disable such checks when using Docker images.  The exception is for those Docker repositories hosted on Quay.io, which provides a rather flexible rkt-compatible, namespace-oriented verification mechanism.

--
Seán C McCord
CyCore Systems, Inc

tomByrer

Mar 13, 2017, 12:04:52 AM3/13/17
to CoreOS Dev
Any new rkt contain hubs yet since the last reply?

Brandon Philips

Mar 14, 2017, 1:29:07 PM3/14/17
to CoreOS Dev
rkt support docker container registries. Any container Docker Engine can run rkt can run: https://coreos.com/rkt/docs/latest/running-docker-images.html