Using ccache for build_packages.

humme...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2017, 2:46:29 PM10/21/17
to CoreOS Dev
Hello CoreOS Dev !

Is there are preferred way of having coreos enable ccache for build_packages ?

Gentoo way of enabling ccache seems to be adding FEATURES=ccache to /etc/portage/make.conf.

I see that  /etc/portage/make.conf gets clobbered by src/scripts/setup_board. If I add FEATURES=ccache to the setup_board  (around where it clobbers make.conf) it seems to work.

Was wondering if there is already another way. May be a --ccache option to setup_board  ?

Thank you.

Benjamin Gilbert

Nov 2, 2017, 3:19:02 AM11/2/17
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM, <humme...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there are preferred way of having coreos enable ccache for build_packages ?

Gentoo way of enabling ccache seems to be adding FEATURES=ccache to /etc/portage/make.conf.

humme...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2017, 1:46:01 AM11/6/17
to CoreOS Dev
Thank you.