Writing/Editing Kola Tests within Chroot

Marshall Onsrud

Mar 3, 2017, 1:53:55 PM3/3/17
to CoreOS Dev

If I enter my CoreOS chrooted enviroment to kola run unit tests is there any way I can edit/change tests within the chroot and re-run them with new changes?
I tried the build in the mantle directory thinking maybe it would rebuild the tests with new changes. However, changes do not appear unless I exit the chroot, delete the chroot, and start it again. Looking for a faster way to write/test/fix,test...

Thanks,

Marshall

Marshall Onsrud

Mar 3, 2017, 2:04:01 PM3/3/17
to CoreOS Dev
Nmind. I see that if I run the build, the kola in mantle/bin/kola will run the newly changed test.

Marshall Onsrud

Mar 3, 2017, 2:08:49 PM3/3/17
to CoreOS Dev
Rats... not the case.

David Michael

Mar 3, 2017, 2:23:16 PM3/3/17
to coreo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Marshall Onsrud
<mars...@theonsruds.com> wrote:

> If I enter my CoreOS chrooted enviroment to kola run unit tests is there any
> way I can edit/change tests within the chroot and re-run them with new
> changes?

Run the command I sent last time, "cros_workon --host start mantle".
Then when you run "sudo emerge mantle", it will build and reinstall
kola directly from the source under third_party/mantle.

Thanks.

David