BDE Error 8453

Ed Nash

Dec 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/6/00
I installed P9Runtime and P9RuntimeSP3 on a user's PC,
semi-successfully.

When setting up aliases (Tools | Alias Manager...) and replying yes to
the "Ok to save to ..\...\.." I said yes and received error
"Cannot write to Engine Configuration File"

I then went to BDE 5.01 via Start | Programs | P9Run | Utilities and
attempted to set the NET directory. When I exited BDE, I got the same
error. I pressed >> for more details and learned its code is BDE Error
8453 [$21] [$5].

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Liz

Dec 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/6/00
Ed,

Search the registry for CONFIGFILE01 and see if it's set to
the location of your IDAPI32.CFG file. (In some instances,
it somehow gets set to *** instead of the path & filename -
don't know how or why.) If that's not it, make sure the
.cfg file isn't set read-only in the file system, and while
you're in the registry, check the DLLPATH key in the same
place.

If that's not it, I'm at a loss.

Regards,

Liz
---
Get the lead out before you reply

Carolyn Wendover

Dec 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/7/00
I just ran into this problem last week. For some reason when Paradox
installed it thought it was going to use the BDE directly off the CD. So
when it tried to save the .cfg file it was trying to write it to the CD,
which of course it couldn't.

Just another thing to check.

-Carolyn

"Ed Nash" <e...@sdcity.sannet.gov> wrote in message

Ed Nash

Dec 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/7/00
That did it! *** was the problem. Thanks.