Address Book Error

Charles Rossiter

Aug 14, 2003, 1:57:54 AM8/14/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Jenn,

Below my signature you will find Knowledge Base article 16173. Does this
help?

--
Charles Rossiter
(South Africa)

======================
An Error Has Occurred Trying to Logon to MAPI for Address Book Services
DocumentID: 16173
Revision Date: 05-Mar-98 11:10:49 AM

The information in this document applies to:
WordPerfect® 8 for Windows®

Problem

The messages, "An Error Has Occurred Trying to Logon to MAPI for Address
Book Services" followed by "There was an error starting the Address Book"
appears when starting Corel Address Book 8 as a stand alone application.

In addition, the following message will be displayed if starting the
AddressBook from inside WordPerfect: "Unable to load Corel Address Book.
You may have chosen not to install Microsoft Exchange or Corel Address
Book during the setup of WordPerfect. You can install Corel Address Book
by running a custom setup."

Answer:

Scenario One: Running Wordperfect Eight after UPGRADING Windows from
Windows 95-Windows 98

Copy MAPWIN95.DLL from the WordPerfect 8 CD (in
\COREL\SUITE8\APPMAN\WKSWPI8 if using the Suite 8 Professional CD and
\COREL\APPMAN\WKSWPI8 if using the Suite 8 CD) to the windows\system
directory. Rename MAPI32.DLL in the windows\system directory and then
rename MAPWIN95.DLL to MAPI32.DLL.

Note:After copying this file you need to right click on the file and edit
the properties. Once on the properties screen, uncheck the read only box
and click OK

Scenario Two: Installing Wordperfect Eight on a Factory install of Windows
98

Copy MAPWIN95.DLL from the WordPerfect 8 CD (in
\COREL\SUITE8\APPMAN\WKSWPI8 if using the Suite 8 Professional CD and
\COREL\APPMAN\WKSWPI8 if using the Suite 8 CD) to the windows\system
directory. Rename MAPI32.DLL in the windows\system directory and then
rename MAPWIN95.DLL to MAPI32.DLL. You will need to reinstall windows
message and the Address Book at this time. The addressbook will open but
return the error: " The current profile contains no Address Book". This is
caused by changing the mapi32.dll file all entry points and settings are
not correct for exchange after renaming the file.

Note: After copying this file you need to right click on the file and edit
the properties. Once on the properties screen, uncheck the read only box
and click OK

After renaming this file you will need to re-install the Address Book
portion of WordPerfect.

1. Back up the files located in the database folder
(C:\COREL\SUITE8\SHARED\ADDRESS\DATABASE)
2. Delete the address directory
3. Click on start and run
4. (Select the CD-ROM drive) and then choose setup.exe
5. Run the setup Program
6. Follow the onscreen instructions until you reach the Installation Type
screen
7. Choose Custom Installation
8. Continue until you reach the custom installation screen
9. Click on the Custom Selection button
10. Choose the option Deselect All Button
11. The last option in this list is required components
12. Click the components button
13. Click the check box next to Corel Address Book
14. Click Ok
15. Click Next
16. Choose install
17. Let Address Book install

Details:

Microsoft Outlook '98 installed a new copy of MAPI32.DLL.
The old MAPI32.DLL does not appear to have an adverse affect on how
Outlook '98 runs.

Outlook '98 does make a backup copy of the MAPI32.DLL. Don t use this back
up file the result will corrupt the exchange profle for messaging and
cause the system to return the error " Not enough memory for this action "
When accessing the AddressBook or Mail Icon in the control panel.

Note:
This process has been verified to work with Windows 98.

===============

Wim Waltman

Aug 14, 2003, 2:27:17 AM8/14/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Did you try clean up her temp and waste basket files ?

Wim

Jenn Matchus-Brown

Aug 17, 2003, 11:42:15 AM8/17/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Charles Rossiter

Aug 17, 2003, 12:05:43 PM8/17/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Jenn,

Has the user just been upgraded from Win95 to Win2000? If so, you may
have the wrong version MAPI file. Have a look at Knowledge Base article
16173, which describes a similar situation for a Win95 to Win98 upgrade.

--

Charles Rossiter
(South Africa)

=============

An Error Has Occurred Trying to Logon to MAPI for Address Book Services
DocumentID: 16173
Revision Date: 05-Mar-98 11:10:49 AM

The information in this document applies to:
WordPerfect® 8 for Windows®

Problem

The messages, "An Error Has Occurred Trying to Logon to MAPI for Address
Book Services" followed by "There was an error starting the Address Book"
appears when starting Corel Address Book 8 as a stand alone application.

In addition, the following message will be displayed if startign the

Jenn Matchus-Brown

Aug 18, 2003, 2:40:53 PM8/18/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Thanks for the replies. My post wasn't showing up and I had to do a search
for it to see anything.

No, this user had a "from scratch" 2000 install. I will however check out
the knowledgebase article you referenced and will post back. I won't be in
the office again until Wednesday.

Thanks!!

"Charles Rossiter" <ct...@corel.ca> wrote in message

Jenn Matchus-Brown

Aug 20, 2003, 2:45:52 PM8/20/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Unfortunately I am having the same problem. When inserting an address into
a document or an envelope the user is getting "Not enough memory to perform
the requested operation." However, I discovered that this is only the case
for a "Person" entry. I can insert an "Organizaion" entry just fine. How
weird is that? I have reconfigured Win2K messaging, reinstalled the address
book and WP numerous times, and tried your suggesed fix for MAPI. Anything
else?

Thanks!

Charles Rossiter

Aug 21, 2003, 1:45:56 AM8/21/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Jenn,

Sorry, but my skills with the address book are limited to looking at the
Knowledge Base articles -- I don't use the WPWin address book.

Hopefully someone else will respond here.

Oct 7, 2003, 7:43:04 AM10/7/03
I am a beginner in your forum.
My problem is refering to the addressbook, too.
Win 2000 WP8
Problems with mapi.
Could anybody tell me, how I can find the knowledgebase articles?!

Thanks a lot.
Julia from Germany

lemoto

Oct 7, 2003, 10:38:48 AM10/7/03

B wrote:
> My problem is refering to the addressbook, too.
> Win 2000 WP8
> Problems with mapi.

Please send details of just what problem you have; and the
version of WP8, from Help|About.
--
Good wishes!
Roy Lewis

Jack Waananen

Oct 7, 2003, 11:06:31 AM10/7/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

The Knowledge Base is at ...

http://kb.corel.com/scripts/texis.exe/kb/kb/

(-: Jack C_Tech

Wim Waltman

Oct 7, 2003, 11:05:08 AM10/7/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

If you just installed NetScape 7.01, go to Edit/Preferences and uncheck
in Mail & Newsgroups the box "Use Netscape as default mail application"
or it's German equivalent.

Wim

Bernd Gienger

Oct 8, 2003, 7:57:35 AM10/8/03
Version 8.00.258 Programm Release
Perfect fit release 8.0.260

When clicking on addressbook, first appears:

'The Dll.file for this service is either damaged or could not be found'

then appears

'No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the Mail
icon in the control panel.'

Then appears

'Error when opening Mapi for addressbookservice' (It is't translated
well, hope you'll understand it)

'possible reason: Wrong Info in registry'

My colleague has the same system:
Win 2000 Sp3 with Corel WP, same version, same version of netscape 7.01
same version of outlook 5.0 as I. The only difference was in using Opera6.0.
But the addressbook is working in his case.
Do you need further information?!
Thanks for answering.
Julia

DE

Oct 9, 2003, 3:57:21 AM10/9/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

In order to use the address book properly in Windows 2000, you will have
to install the Windows Messaging update for W2K, as it was removed as a
basic component with the release of W2K.

You can get it from MS support, or here:
http://www.intranet-works.com/windowsmessagingfornt2k.exe

-- DE

--
DE
C_Tech

Bernd Gienger

Oct 9, 2003, 4:49:30 AM10/9/03
to DE
As I said before, my colleague has the same version of W2k than me. We
have installed just at the same time the same programmes. So I don't
think, the solution is to install the Windows messaging update. I think,
the problem have to be in the preferences of a mail program.

Bernd Gienger

Oct 9, 2003, 5:27:22 AM10/9/03
to DE
I forgot to say my colleague has no problems with the addressbook.

Wim Waltman

Oct 9, 2003, 11:13:32 AM10/9/03
to corel.wpoffice.wordperfect8

Have you tried to do a custom install and reinstall the addressbook only ?

You seems to run NS 7.01 - Go to Edit/Preferences and uncheck in Mail

& Newsgroups the box "Use Netscape as default mail application" or it's
German equivalent.

also I would install SP7 to upgrade your WP8 to the latest and most
stable version.

Wim