"Failed to launch server application" error in Corel Draw

Douglas Edney

Mar 18, 2004, 4:43:58 PM3/18/04
to corel.graphic_apps.cdgs11-draw

When trying to edit an embedded Photopaint image that is in Corel Draw 11, I
get the error message
"Failed to launch server application". Corel Draw indicates that the
picture is a Corel Photo-Paint 10 Image Object. I don't have v10 installed
any longer. I'm not even sure I ever had v10 on this machine. I would
assume that v11 would take over the association with a previous version of
the same program. I can convert to bitmap image in corel draw, but since I
don't know the original resolution of the images, I would just be guessing
as to what resolution to make them.

Thanks-