How dfo I remove error box-Civic Cookie Control:the consent model can only be set once

Dragan Lukic

Oct 4, 2015, 6:30:34 AM10/4/15
to Cookie Control Support
Hi guys,

I'm not a programmer but I have managed to insert the Civic cookie policy module on my site.

The problem I have is that every time I go to my website I get an error box that says - Civic Cookie Control:the consent model can only be set once

Does anyone know how I remove this box, it's really annoying.

Thanks very much for your help

DL

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Oct 5, 2015, 3:48:35 AM10/5/15
to Cookie Control Support
Hello,

It's hard to tell without seeing your website, but from the error message I think that you have put the Cookie Control code twice in your site. Can you check that? If that doesn't fix it please send us the URL to your site so that we can take a better look.

Regards,
Gerasimos

Dragan Lukic

Oct 5, 2015, 1:58:23 PM10/5/15
to Cookie Control Support
Thank you so much Gerasimos. I really appreciate it.

My site is www.capexforextrading.com. I also have a .co.uk site but i will 301 re-direct this.

Would you be so kind to tell me how would I find out if I have put it in twice please?

Thanks

Dragan

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Oct 5, 2015, 4:19:18 PM10/5/15
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Dragan,

If you view the source of your page, you 'll see that you have added Cookie Control twice, once from lines 299 to 354, and once from line 437 up to 468.

The first one seems like the joomla module, and the second like you tried to manually add it in the source. Though the path is broken in the second one ("/www.capexforextrading.com/joomla/cookieControl-6.2.min.js"). So you can remove that completely and just keep the plugin enabled.

Kind regards,
Gerasimos

Dragan Lukic

Oct 7, 2015, 11:01:29 AM10/7/15
to Cookie Control Support
That's great. Thank you so much for your help. I will have a look at this and see if I can solve it.

I deleted the first module so I will try and find/type in the right path for the second one. Hopefully I will be able to sort it out.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Dragan