Use of H1 Tags in Popup

james hofton

Apr 24, 2018, 6:17:19 AM4/24/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi There,

I am using the wordpress plugin, which is great and got it all working how i want now.  A major problem is the use of H1 and H2 tags in the pop,  as this will affect the SEO of my website.  There should only be one H1 tag on a page, how can we remove these?

james hofton

Apr 26, 2018, 8:02:11 AM4/26/18
to Cookie Control Support
Can someone come back to me on this please?

Steven Tuffin

Apr 26, 2018, 10:58:47 AM4/26/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi James,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. In short, HTML5 allows multiple H1 headings, so there is nothing really to worry about in terms of SEO.

That said, we've changed it from using H1 and H2 tags; to using H2 and H3 tags within its own section element.

If your curious about learning more, Google Webmasters released this delightful video on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsgrSxCmMbM

Steve

james hofton

Apr 30, 2018, 7:36:31 AM4/30/18
to Cookie Control Support
Thanks for coming back to me on this.  I assume i just re-download the plugin for the updated code?

Steven Tuffin

Apr 30, 2018, 7:48:38 AM4/30/18
to Cookie Control Support
No, you don't need to worry about that.

The plugin makes it easier for you to set your configuration, but the main javascript that cookie control depends on is loaded from our CDN; so you will already have the latest version.

Thanks,
Steve

james hofton

Apr 30, 2018, 8:11:08 AM4/30/18