Multiple Domains

Anand Sundaram

Apr 17, 2014, 9:21:08 AM4/17/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Might sound like a dumb question, but a quick response will help us do the right thing.
We have multiple environments Dev, SIT, UAT, PROD etc.

Am I correct in understanding that if we purchase a domain for PROD, say mydomain.com and register this on your website, this will work for dev.mydomain.com, sit.mydomain.com & uat.mydomain.com?
Or are these separate domains, therefore separate licenses?

Thanks,
Anand

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Apr 17, 2014, 9:33:14 AM4/17/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

That is correct. The single domain paid license will be registered for the domain mydomain.com and work by default on all its subdomains.

Regards,
Gerasimos

Anand Sundaram

Apr 17, 2014, 9:58:07 AM4/17/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the super quick response Gerasimos.
You specifically mention the 'paid' license. Does this mean that this will not work on the free version? http://www.civicuk.com/cookie-law/cookie-configurator-v6

Regards,
Anand

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Apr 17, 2014, 10:05:06 AM4/17/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
No, that's a feature of the paid licenses only. A free license will only work on a specific domain or subdomain. Ie dev.mydomain.com, prod.mydomain.com are treated as different domains.

If those serve different content you can simply create a different (free) apikey for each one, but if they serve the same website you can either setup a permanent redirect from all subdomains to eg. mydomain.com, or buy a license.

Regards,
Gerasimos

Anand Sundaram

May 27, 2014, 11:35:56 AM5/27/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your advice, we have now decided to purchase a license.
Our infrastructure has load balanced webservers hosting Portal servers. Does it matter where the civic control js file is placed?

We are thinking of configuring the domain name on the Webserver and placing the js on the webserver too (might sound obvious).
Thanks,
Anand

Gerasimos Tzoganis

May 28, 2014, 6:30:46 AM5/28/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hmm it doesn't matter where you put the js file, as long as it's accessible via a url, so that you could deploy it like this:
<script type=text/javascript src="path-or-url-to-CookieControl">

So it can be in the same server where your domain is configured, but on the other hand it doesn't have to. Depending on your cluster configuration, you can pick the best place to put it. To me the simplest and obvious would be to place it where the rest of your static files (js/css/images) reside.

I hope I helped.

Kind regards,
Gerasimos

Anand Sundaram

May 29, 2014, 10:33:21 AM5/29/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gerasimos.
Meanwhile, we have paid for the single domain license.
We did not receive any email confirming the purchase and the site says after purchasing, just download the free code?

How do I customise the code using the paid license? Should I be expecting any emails / info from yourselves?

Please help.
Thanks,
Anand

Gerasimos Tzoganis

May 29, 2014, 11:05:11 AM5/29/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

After paying in paypal, you should be redirected back to our site to fill the configuration form and collect the code with your new apikey. Also the apikey would be emailed to you after successful submission of the form.

If you missed that, could you please email us at que...@civicuk.com your paypal receipt or the email with which you paid in paypal, and also the email you want to be used with your single domain license, a desired password for our configuration pages and the domain you want to use cookie control on?

Kind regards,
Gerasimos

Anand Sundaram

May 30, 2014, 9:42:06 AM5/30/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerasimos,
This email has been sent earlier today. Please could you let us know an ETA for response?

Thanks,
Anand Sundaram

Gerasimos Tzoganis

May 30, 2014, 9:44:18 AM5/30/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anand,

I have already replied to your email. Just send me your domain and I 'll send you your apikey ASAP.

Kind regards,
Gerasimos

Anand Sundaram

May 30, 2014, 11:29:32 AM5/30/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerasimos,
I've sent you an email outside of this forum.
Please can you respond to that ASAP?

Cheers,
Anand

Gerasimos Tzoganis