Could you please help with initialConsentState?

Max Grazia

May 18, 2018, 4:35:36 PM5/18/18
to Cookie Control Support

Hi all,

I am not able to make the initialConsentState here: http://bit.ly/2IR7Yd9
It looks like it is not allowing cookies in first term so they remain disabled by default.
I am obviously missing something. Could you please ppint me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance! :-)

Elaine Wildash

May 20, 2018, 5:40:04 AM5/20/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Max,

Your code look right. And when I click on Accept Recommended Settings it turns Analytics ON.

I think the term initialConsentState is confusing. Your cookies are OFF to begin with as per requirements not to allow cookies until the user accepts them. If they click Accept Recommended Settings then it turns on those cookies you have set as initialConsentState = 'on',

Elaine

Elaine Wildash

May 20, 2018, 5:42:02 AM5/20/18
to Cookie Control Support

initialConsentState : string = off
Possible values are either on or off. All categories set to "on" will be accepted as part of the user granting consent to the site's recommended settings, meaning they will be turned on when the user clicks on the "Accept Recommended Settings" button.

Greg Rouchotas

May 20, 2018, 5:54:55 AM5/20/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hello both,

Elaine is corrent. The cookies are not allowed to drop until the user has clicked on the "Accept" button and given explicit consent.
I can see how this can be slightly confusing.
In the first version of V8 the initialConsentState was not available at all as GDPR states that you should not have any preselected options.
However, we got a lot of requests asking for thiis. So we added it. However, we felt that we could not just start dropping cookies.
So as a middle ground we reached the current implementation. Now you can set the initialConsentState and encourage the user to accept the settings you prefer.
However, trying to ensure we still are compliant we do not drop any cookies until the user has given explicit consent.

Hope the above makes sense,
Thanks
Greg
Message has been deleted