Google Analytics code placement

Neil Newman

May 17, 2018, 5:22:45 AM5/17/18
to Cookie Control Support

We have just implemented the V8 Cookie Control code but have a couple of questions.

Question One:
Our pre-existing Google Anayltics code is located in the head of each page, the V8 Cookie Control code appears to replicate this but in the footer, Google recommend that this code should be in the header.
Do we remove the V8 Google Anayltics Cookie Control section which appears to re-apply the same code?

Second question:
Where do you place the "logConsent = true" and how do you see the data gathered.

Gerasimos Tzoganis

May 17, 2018, 5:53:35 AM5/17/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Neil,

Yes you would need to remove the existing Analytics Code as it would result in it running twice. Putting it in the footer inside Cookie Control wouldn't be a big problem I think, as it would just mean you wouldn't track only users that have left before your page has finished loading.

You need to place "logConsent" inside the configuration object, for instance:

var config = {
  apiKey
: '592b99ebdf88c091dad9b556b6d8de236ac97687',
  product
: 'PRO_MULTISITE',
  initialState
: "OPEN",
  statement
: {
    description
: 'For more information vist our',
    name
: 'Privacy Statement',
    url
: 'https://www.civicuk.com/cookie-control/v8/documentation',
    updated
: '26/01/2018'

},
  logConsent
: true
};

CookieControl.load( config );

However, for it to work, you will also need to sign in and agree to CIVIC's data processor agreement. In the configuration page after signing in you can also see the amount of consents that have been recorded, and we are currently working in making it impossible to download your data through that interface. That should be finished within the next few days. If you need them sooner just send us an email and we will extract your data and send them to you.

Regards,
Gerasimos

Neil Newman

May 18, 2018, 6:25:50 AM5/18/18