Plugin not showing in WordPress when locale text added to config

Sara Weale

Feb 10, 2017, 7:54:36 AM2/10/17
to Cookie Control Support
I'm currently assessing Cookie Control on a free license and after successfully installing on WP I added an additional language to the Language Code section. Once I added the locale text the plugin no longer shows in the front end.

I understand that in order to show the additional language I need to purchase a full license but is this a problem with my code or will CC only show with the locale_t added if I have a full license?

locale_t : {
en: {
title: 'lorem ipsum',
intro: 'lorem ipsum...',
full:'lorem ipsum...'
ias: 'Information and settings',
on: 'Turn cookies on',
off: 'Turn cookies off',
bs: 'Browser settings',
rm: 'Read more',
rl: 'Read less',
ab: 'About this tool',
c: 'I'm fine with this'
},
cy: {
title: 'TEITL CYMRAEG',
intro: 'INTRO CYMRAEG...',
full: 'FULL TEXT CYMRAEG...'
ias: 'IAS CYMRAEG',
on: 'TROI COOKIES BANT',
off: 'TROI COOKIES ARNO',
bs: 'GOSODIADAU PORWR',
rm: 'GWELD MWY',
rl: 'GWELD LLAI',
ab: 'AM Y TECLUN HON',
c: 'NEGES DERBYN'
}
}

A second quick question... is something supposed to happen when you add a language to the Language code box? After saving the setting it just stays there and there doesn't seem to be a way to add additional languages. Is just adding the locale text enough?

Afroditi

Feb 10, 2017, 8:07:47 AM2/10/17
to Cookie Control Support
Hello Sara,
first of all i see a syntax error on the code you added, missing comma after english full title  (full:'lorem ipsum...').
Additional languages need a license to work. You can add more languages through the add language button that is always visible.
Let me know if you need further help.
Best Regards
Afroditi

Sara Weale

Feb 10, 2017, 8:41:28 AM2/10/17
to Cookie Control Support
That's what I get for rushing through this on a Friday :D

Even with the correct syntax it still seems to suppress the plugin. I've added both en and cy to the language just in case this is the problem.

It may be a case of if you don't have the license adding any language code in suppressed the plugin, which seems a bit odd.

Jenny A'Brook

Apr 3, 2017, 11:36:09 AM4/3/17
to Cookie Control Support
Hello,

we now have the license and I'm trying to set the locale.
I've added cy and en as additional translations and have this in the translation field:

locale_t : {

        cy: {
               title: 'TEITL CYMRAEG',
               intro: 'INTRO CYMRAEG',
               full: 'FULL TEXT CYMRAEG'
        },

        en: {
                title: 'lorem ipsum',
                intro: 'lorem ipsum...',
                full:'lorem ipsum...'
              }
   }

but the en values are displayed for both languages.
Any idea why?

Jenny A'Brook

Apr 4, 2017, 5:08:33 AM4/4/17
to Cookie Control Support
We use WPML to deal with languages, using the option 'Language name added as a parameter', so English is ...../blog/ and Welsh is ....../blog/?lang=cy. Is this why I can't get the Cookie Control translations to work?