Woocommerce cart not working with Cookie Control

Percolated Design

May 15, 2018, 11:46:00 AM5/15/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hello,

Thank you for your excellent plugin.

I am having some difficulty getting Woocommerce to work correctly. I have added all the cookies to necessary cookies but my basket keeps emptying when I go to add another product. I have tried using a wildcard option as suggested in a previous post woocommerce* and wp_woocommerce* but it doesn't seem to work. What syntax do I need to add the cookie to the Wordpress plugin in? Like this woocommerce* or like this 'woocommerce*'

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Gale

David

May 15, 2018, 11:55:50 AM5/15/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Gale
Try adding woocommerce* and wp* to the necessary cookies  - sometimes being less specific works better

If you are using Stripe on your checkout you should also add __stripe* & PYPF* for Paypal too

Dave

Jane Taylor

May 15, 2018, 12:06:43 PM5/15/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Gale

I have 6 in my necessary section, 2 wordpress and 2 woocommerce:

PHPSESSID
wp-settings-*
wordpress_*
woocommerce*
wp_woocommerce*
wfwaf-authcookie-*

I don't think the first or the last are actually needed, as the first doesn't seem to be used by wordpress/woocommerce and the last is only set when you login to admin (I think).

But this setup works for me.

Cheers

Jane

Jane Taylor

May 15, 2018, 12:08:52 PM5/15/18
to Cookie Control Support
Actually the last is set by Wordfence, so you won't need that unless you have it installed.

And you need to add then without the apostrophes - just plain text.

Cheers

Jane

Percolated Design

May 16, 2018, 9:41:52 AM5/16/18
to Cookie Control Support
Thank you David and Jane,

I have added your suggested cookies and it is working now.

Thank again for your help, it's much appreciated!

Pol Cousineau

May 23, 2018, 8:41:21 PM5/23/18
to Cookie Control Support
I tried adding these and it doesn't solve the issue for me.

Do we include ' ' before and after each cookie name?

Checkout function breaks and cart gets emptied with Cookie Control activate.

Pol Cousineau

May 23, 2018, 8:43:14 PM5/23/18
to Cookie Control Support
Actually I added all those without the ' '   , then cleared my cache, new browser and it worked.

carathas

May 26, 2018, 4:21:50 AM5/26/18
to Cookie Control Support
Thank you for this, this has fixed the Woo commerce issues we were having with CC. If the install uses Sagepay as well as Paypal, i see you mentioned above for Stripe an allowed cookie specific for that needs to be added, do you know what it would be when using SagePay as a payment method?

Thank you