Installation problem...

Stephen Barrie

Mar 18, 2014, 10:43:33 AM3/18/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm having trouble installing Cookie Control. The website is very old, and I'm trying to add a forwarding web address as well as cookie compliance. I've added the .js file, amended the code and uploaded it into the body of the front page, but it does not seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The site is www.linacre.org

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Greg Rouchotas

Mar 18, 2014, 10:51:44 AM3/18/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

If you have a look at the browser's console you'll spot that the path to cookieControl-6.2.min.js is wrong. So the site can't find the JS file.
Can you please check the path that you uploaded the js file to and update your code?

Thanks
Greg

Stephen Barrie

Mar 18, 2014, 11:30:24 AM3/18/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the lightning reply!

The path I have in the code is
<script src=“js/cookieControl-6.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

So although the console says there's a 404 error, the file is there...

Any thoughts? Have I missed something obvious?

Stephen

Greg Rouchotas

Mar 18, 2014, 11:37:26 AM3/18/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

The console is correct. If you see the path in the console is reported as "http://www.linacre.org/%E2%80%9Cjs/cookieControl-6.2.min.js%22"
Which means you have some character just before the JS. It's the leading double quotes. Could you retype those to just normal double quotes.
That should solve the problem. Or just copy and paste the line below

<script src="js/cookieControl-6.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Thanks
Greg

Stephen Barrie

Mar 18, 2014, 11:41:43 AM3/18/14