api key invalid pop up

Ian Sishton

Mar 9, 2016, 10:51:21 AM3/9/16
to Cookie Control Support
I recently installed a civic cookie control module on charter-tax.com.

It works fine in Chrome and Safari but not IE and Firefox. A pop up with:

Civic Cookie Control: Sorry, this api key is not valid.
Please contact Civic at que...@civicuk.com.
We apologise for the inconvenience.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers

Ian

Jeroen G

Mar 11, 2016, 2:13:32 PM3/11/16
to Cookie Control Support
It works fine in IE if I go there in the latest version of IE.

Jeroen Goddijn

Apr 13, 2016, 6:27:26 PM4/13/16
to Cookie Control Support
Did you ever get this solved, Ian?

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Apr 14, 2016, 3:31:15 AM4/14/16
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Jeroen,

The most common cause for this issue is this one:
http://www.civicuk.com/cookie-control/deployment#invalidKeyError

Please make sure you have deployed cookie control on the same domain you are attempting to use it.

Kind regards,
Gerasimos

Jeroen Goddijn

Apr 14, 2016, 2:42:53 PM4/14/16
to Cookie Control Support
Thanks, Gerasimos.

But I'm not having these issues. Just noticed you guys didn't reply, so was wondering if Ian ever got this resolved.

So far, only one of my team members is having API key notice issues in Safari, but I don't have any issues.
So. it's probably a caching issue on his end... domain configuration is correct, since it works in all (other) browsers on my end.