With and without www

belinda Wallis

Aug 25, 2014, 1:48:01 PM8/25/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

I'm not very tech minded.  I had this installed a few years back and wanted to re install it.  Things have changed a bit.

My problem is, sometimes people type/click on a link www and sometimes people leave it out. So, when I've installed it without the www and type www the api key error comes up.  Does this mean I'd have to purchase the 10 domain pack?  I don't have that kind of money, and it seems a bit odd to have to do that for the same web address.

Bel.

Greg Rouchotas

Aug 26, 2014, 3:52:07 AM8/26/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hello Belinda,

First of all you don't need to buy the 10-domain pack.
One easy solution is to have a redirect from the www to the non-one (or vise versa). This will also help your google ranking.
Alternatively you can consider our single domain licence that will allow you run cookie control one any subdomain in your website.

thanks
Greg

belinda Wallis

Aug 26, 2014, 6:50:08 AM8/26/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

Thank you very much.  Have now managed to get it working.  Now have to figure out how to not make it shoot across the screen on chrome, lol.

Belinda.

Richard Scott

Nov 10, 2014, 6:51:28 PM11/10/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Belinda,
I have the same problem. How did you get it working?

Richard

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Nov 11, 2014, 3:55:47 AM11/11/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

You need to set up a permanent redirect from the non www domain to the www one, or vice versa. In any case if you are using a free license all (sub)domains should redirect to the exact domain you have registered with Cookie Control. There are plenty of resources on how to do that on the web, an example is here:
http://kb.siteground.com/how_to_redirect_nonwww_urls_to_www/

Regards,
Gerasimos